Officially obsessed with my new #fitgear from Polar. Today’s workout:
1 mile warm up (10 min/mi)
.5 mile 7:50min/mile pace
.5 mile 10min/mi
Cool down 1 mile
#fitness #workout #fitfluential #running #halfmarathontraining (Taken with Instagram)
Here it is, my new favorite cardio interval workout. It was one of the most challenging activities that I have done in a long time! Check out the video and workout below.
- Interval workouts force your body to tap into fat stores more than steady state cardio helping aid weight loss.
- It will help you improve your 5K, 10K or half marathon time.
- Intervals beat boredom! If you get cardio ADD, try interval workouts.
- Warm up for 5 minutes
- 10-sec SPRINT
- 20-sec STEADY
- 30-sec SLOW JOG
- Repeat the 10:20:30 interval 5 times total then WALK for 2 minutes
- Repeat this 7 minute circuit 3-5 times total for a 26-40 minute workout
How To Do It:
- I create the interval using RunKeeper on my iPhone, but you can also count in your head, look at your stop watch or use a Gymboss. If you use the Gymboss, I would suggest setting your timer for two 30 second intervals and just try to remember to sprint for the first 10 and then cruise into a fast paced jog for the first 30-second interval.
- To create the workout on RunKeeper, go to Coaching and at the bottom, select “Create New.” Next, select add new action, select fast and 10-seconds. Click “back.” Select “add new action” again and this time do Steady 20-seconds.Â Once more, click “back” and then “add new action.” Finally adding the 30-second Slow interval. Do this 5 times, then add a 2 minute slow interval. At the bottom, select repeat 4 more times. Click to select a 5-minute warm up and you are ready to go.