Every Monday, as most of you know, I make sure to start my day off right with a healthy breakfast. I’m still obsessed with the TIU Protein Pancake (recipe). It satisfies me and doesn’t give me the carbo-load hangover I get when I have too many carbs in the morning. It’s super easy to make as well. All you need is:
- 1/2 banana
- 2 egg whites
- 1 scoop of protein powder (vanilla).
- 1/2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (or a dash, you don’t really need to measure this out)
Typically on Mondays, I go for a long run but given the heat expected later today, this may be difficult.
What’s a girl to do? You take those lemons and made some delicious lemonade (sweetened with stevia of course!)
Numerous studies have shown that long distance exercise for a prolonged period of time burns the same amount of calories as shorter interval workouts. Since the intensity is amped up, so is the calorie burn, creating a more efficient workout for you and me!
Here is your workout challenge for today (or sometime later in the week). It is 40 minutes and will burn about 400* calories.
- 10 minute Warm Up Jog - Go slower than you think
- 2 minute Regular Speed
- 45 second Fast Sprint
- 1:15 minute Walk (Repeat this 2 min, 45 sec, 1:15 min interval sequence 5 times)
- 10 minute Cool Down Jog - Go as slow as you need but try to jog, not walk
*Calorie expenditure is an estimate based on a 135 lb woman.
I am going to do this workout shortly and will let you know how it goes, as I always do! Enjoy.
If you liked this post, you may also enjoy: