I’ve mastered the do or die willpower that it takes to drop 5 lbs in a week. I feel like it’s gift just as much as it is a weakness. I have a photoshoot on Wednesday so I’ve been eating very clean for about 1-2 weeks (with the exception of ice cream pie on Easter). I know I can look my best by following a strict eating regimen but this tends to cause me to fall off the bandwagon as soon as my shoots are over. Do you need a set date to stay on course like me?
If so, pick an event or random date you want to weigh “X” and stick to it! I love sweets so really, when I say eat clean, I mean, skipping dessert and impulse snacks like Swedish fish while shopping at IKEA. I know that once I reach my date, I can have a cookie or cupcake… and I reward myself with one. The resistance is only temporary and helps build willpower.
As mentioned in a previous post, I’m loosely following pal’s Katrina and Karena’s Tone It Up diet plan for my photoshoot. They have a 14-day event slim down guide with details for each day leading up to the event.
So, what have I been eating while trying to slim down?
I fell in love with a breakfast called the protein pancake. It’s genius. I love carbs in the morning but to really get your muscle to show, you need to cut back on the carbs - not completely. I have this with 1/2 grapefruit most mornings.
- 1/2 a banana
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 scoop Vanilla whey protein powder sweetened with stevia
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (I use chia seeds, try folding them in after they’ve been sitting in the almond milk for 10 minutes for extra volume)
- 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (this is my addition to the TIU recipe)
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl or mug. I know my flax seeds are not all ground up, my blender broke.
You mix and mash with a fork or hand held blender like me, and put into a pre-heated greased frying pan. Let the bottom set so that it’s easier to flip. Some times I put the lid on. It should take 3-5 minutes.
See the edges start to turn color?
When the bottom of the pancake seems solid, flip it over.
It comes out look just like a freaking pancake! Gluten-free pancakes too boot. Sorry vegans. I make this with chocolate protein powder and leave out the banana and seeds, for a dessert if I’m craving it.
Serving Size - 1 GIANT Pancake, about 200 calories, with over 20 g protein (depends on your protein powder), 4 g of fiber and 4 g of fat.
If you liked this post, you might also like:
- The Best Diet Book You’ll Ever Buy
- Sunday Brunch! Eat Clean French Toast Recipe
- How I Finally Reached My Goal Weight
- resepkue likes this
- natalilylove reblogged this from sarahfit
- freelancewebdesignerindelhi likes this
- nixtempesta likes this
- therewillalwaysbecake reblogged this from sarahfit
- photograghy-passion likes this
- constrution-bamford likes this
- xiv-iii likes this
- lettucebefitwithtreasure likes this
- laswastedyouthx likes this
- kllk070911 reblogged this from sarahfit and added:
- sixtyseconds0fhappy reblogged this from sarahfit
- lpink324 likes this
- jordgubbsmjolk likes this
- ihaveglambition likes this
- ukeno likes this
- moremay-byday likes this
- trainerjackw reblogged this from sarahfit
- trainerjackw likes this
- jessicaspaperheart likes this
- foxyjade likes this
- whenliifegivesyoulemons reblogged this from sarahfit and added:
- hefty-going-healthy likes this
- humblybeforehim reblogged this from sarahfit
- reckless-heartt likes this
- aviananicole likes this
- soundsofrevolt likes this
- sarahfit posted this